MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scott Pilgrim


Damn it. I was wrong. I thought this would suck. I sat down in the back of the Ceres library looking to kill a few minutes but instead stumbled upon the best manga I have ever read, and it's not even Japanese. What I do hate is being the target demographic because this took dead aim at me and hit. Damn it. Scott Pilgrim is a fairly benign harem comedy with kick ass fights in one of my favorite fantasy worlds ever. Pilgrim's world is much like ours but with RPG elements. Bad guys drop loot when you beat them up, sword proficiency can be acquired in the 5th grade etc, etc. Something this dorky can easily come off as pretentious and alienating but it's surprisingly human and perfect for what it is. I'm kind of sad that I discovered this after the series had been completed; I would have loved growing up with these characters like I did with Harry Potter and Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment