MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

This is how I spend my Halloween



It's a little late to say "Park Chan who?" in this day and age but what the heck, Park Chan Wook is in my opinion one of the best directors in the business today. There has been so much said about the vengeance trilogy that his first major feature J.S.A is mostly ignored, a wrong I am trying to correct. This is by far his most approachable work. The vengeance trilogy dealt with extreme emotions with gorgeous intensity but J.S.A is an intense a beast in a more human and heartbreaking way. The film takes place on the DMZ between North and South Korea following soldiers on both sides. Make no mistake about it this is a character driven tragedy not the political thriller it was sold to American audiences as. The best thing about this movie is that cultural barriers are almost non existent, J.S.A is about the struggle between duty and compassion and the consequences of fear and ignorance. I love this film, love love love it . You hear that? 3 loves, now if that's not a recommendation I don't know what it.

No comments:

Post a Comment