MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jonestown

There are things for one reason or another that where left out of my history book and I have no freaking clue why this was one of them. Go ahead and short change the Korean War but are you seriously going to tell me that over 900 Americans killed themselves in a crazy cult and its all but forgotten 30 years later? This movie is more than a trip its a total mind blower and one of the most disturbing things I have ever had the displeasure to witness. The quality of the film is fine but I will never unhear Jim Jones leading his people to their death, never. A few day before this I watched The Cove and had a similar reaction. The world just got way too real for me. For now I will now retreat into the safe world of Clamp's Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle until I recover. Also I am aware that unhear is not a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment