MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Korean western?



I hate action movies and even more than that I hate westerns but holy crap I loved this movie. Sitting at the polar opposite of flicks like 3-iron and In Between Days The Good, The Bad, and The Weird is a beast of Korean cinema. Do you like guns? This movie has them in spades. Do you like a good chase scene? This movie is one long chase scene. Do you hate Michael Bay? Hey me too and this is the kind of movie that puts him to shame. I was really surprised at how beautiful and fun to watch T.G.T.B.T.W was. Every location was brimming with colors and sound not to mention some of the coolest long shots I have ever seen. The action felt a lot like Ong-Bak but with guns while the music was perfect and really kept the energy following during some of the more tedious action sequences. The only problem I had with this movie was the exhausting amount of fighting but that's more about my personal taste than a criticism. Get it, watch it with friends and prepare for the new standard of action movies.

9/10 For sheer awesomeness

No comments:

Post a Comment