MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2010 Movie Madness




I just got my tax return and the Hollywood video down the street has dropped their prices to $6 a movie and will probably drop them again before they shut down for good. Here are just a few of the goodies I picked up. I have to say 8 1/2 was my favorite of the group, the dream sequences were perfect in blending fantasy and reality. Its one of those perfect lazy day movies where you want something good but not something intense. While watching 8 1/2 I kept getting this Wes Anderson vibe similar to The Life Aquatic very surreal with a touch of dark humor. After that I got into The Chunking Express. I bought this movie not knowing it was by Wong Kar Wai director of 2046 and In the Mood for Love. Its really more of the same lush colors, steamy romances and possibly the best use of California Dreaming in a film ever.
Next up, The seventh seal! . . .For a later day.

I also picked up some religious children's shows on VHS but that too is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment