MISSION STATEMENT

Bored and don't know what to watch? Does music from the radio make you want to kill indiscriminately? Just take a look around I guarantee you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dodes'Ka-Den

I just finished my 10th Kurosawa film and its true, there is no such thing as a bad Kursosawa movie. His ability to tell a story and to make the audience empathize with his characters has yet to be matched by another director. Does'Ka-Den is in my opinion his best non samurai film and his most human. Shot in 28 days Dodes'Ka-Den is what you would call a directors film, a character driven story blended with psychedelic imagery. I would not recommend this as an introduction to Kurosawa but as another chapter in the history of cinemas greatest film maker.
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment